Zimmer Biomet Education Series 2019Digital and Restoratively Driven Workshops in Implant Dentistry
Digital and Restoratively Driven Workshops in Implant Dentistry is a 4 session lecture and hands-on, interactive educational series. Each session is designed to enable doctors to incorporate restorative implant dentistry into their practice. We have limited the course to a select group of doctors to ensure a small group learning environment, where doctors can receive hands-on sessions that allow them to incorporate new skills into their practice. The course meets once a month and runs September – December at varies venues in the city.
Session 1: Guided Implant Surgery – Benefits for the general dentist and patients (3 CE Credits)
- September 30, 2019: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Morton’s Steakhouse, 1050 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20036
- Objective: Discussing the benefits of having CBCT and radiology interpretation for each case and reviewing the digital flow. Benefits of digital treatment planning and guided surgery for the patients and the restorative dentist will be reviewed.
- Speaker: Brett Royal, CEO Implant Concierge and Michael Merchant, DDS, MDS, Oral Radiologist at Implant Concierge
Session 2: Innovation in Dental Implant Design featuring the Zimmer Trabecular Metal Implant (3 CE Credits)
- October 17, 2018: 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm at Joe’s Seafood, 750 15th Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20005
- Objective: Identifying patients who may be candidates for Rapid Recovery, Risk Management and Revision Therapy protocols. Furthermore, describing how implant design can affect long-term success and understanding the team approach for 3D planning through CAD/CAM restoration, between the surgeon, the restoring clinician, and laboratory technician. Integration of digital impressions and CAD/CAM restorations into implant therapy will be further discussed.
- Speaker: Suheil Boutros, DDS, MS, Assistant Professor at University of Michigan, School of Dentistry
Session 3: Provisionalization in the Esthetic Zone – Hands-on (3 CE Credits)
- November 19, 2019: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm, The Army and Navy Club, 901 17th Street, N.W., , Washington, DC 20006
- Objective: Learn techniques to fabricate chair side provisional restorations for both immediate and delayed load restorations. Includes an interactive Hands-on portionfor making a screw retained provisional and custom impression copings for tissue conditioning in the esthetic zone. Doctors are encouraged to bring their lead assistant.
- Speaker: Wayne Szara, CDT, Digital Dentistry Specialist for Zimmer Biomet
Session 4: Full Arch Treatment – Stackable Surgical and Prosthetic Guides(7 CE Credits)
- December 6, 2019: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm, The Army and Navy Club, 901 17th Street, N.W., , Washington, DC 20006
- Objectives: Learn how guided surgery results in fewer appointments and less chair time for immediate load full arch prosthesis. Collaboration between the surgical, restorative and laboratory teams and reducing overhead and treatment time for implant restorations will be included.
- Speaker: Bill Grill, CDT, President and Owner at Thompson Suburban Dental Laboratory